Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Post Pancake Day

Yesterday was Pancake Day or Shrove Tuesday. We made some panckes and I also picked up a couple of offer packs of frozen ready-made pancakes. The ready made ones were smaller and not as tasty, not surprising I guess. However, we had the for breakfast today and they were nice and quick and easy. We don't tend to have pancakes for breakfast but I know this is more commonly eaten by some people in the US. We didn't have any Maple Syrup and that is my favourite pancake topping, we made do with squeezing orange juice over them and sprinkling brown sugar.

Yesterday was also very important for us because we received the official letter telling us which school our son was going to start attending from September. To out greatest relief, he got the same school as our daughter. It would have been really really hard for us if he hadn't got in. So I'm heaving a massive sigh of relief!

3 comments:

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Yummy.. we had homemade Lasagna.. but Pancakes are very good with blackberry jam or brown sugar and cinnamon..
Congrats to your son..

laura b. said...

I don't know much about Shrove Tuesday, but anything involving pancakes sounds good to me!
Congratulations on getting your son into the school of your choice.

FW said...

Babybull40: I love lasagne too - especially my wife's home made lentil lasagne, truly scrumptious.

L.B.: Thanks, I've always loved pancakes.

Caatje: It feels like the lottery when you don't know what's going to happen. I hate that loss of control over something so important.

Not tried a cheese pancake but I love cheese, so it sounds OK to me.