Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Father's day

Last weekend went by pretty quickly, my son had a sleepover on Saturday afternoon and I picked him up on Sunday. My wife and I pruned back the corner of our garden where a vine and tree were growing over the fence. Sunday was Father's Day here and my wife had booked a table at a nice pub close by on the canal. We had a nice meal there, the service was a bit slow but it was busy so understandable. I got a free pint tankard and bottle of ale. I don't normally drink ale but it was a welcome treat. It's a bitter sweet day for my wife is father's day, her father was only in his fifties when she lost him. So she feels some sadness every year on this day.

2 comments:

laura b. said...

Glad to hear you had a pleasant Father's Day. You certainly deserve it :)
I'm sure your wife and her family are hit several times each year as different holidays come around. That must be very difficult.

FW said...

LB: Thanks, I always seem to have big self doubts about my own parenting skills. Yes, it's something I don't think you ever really get over, losing a parent when they're still relatively young.