Saturday, January 28, 2006

Euro Lottery Rollover

I was just thinking that I've nothing to post about today. But it has come back to me: today we won a few quid on the Euro Lottery - 8.90 to be exact (we paid out 7.50 on tickets, so not a massive win obviously). My wife prompted me to go and get the ticket checked, I didn't think they did that - I just thought they sold tickets so I learned something today. I might have thrown the tickets away, knowing that we didn't win the 100 million jackpot, but my wife insisted and true enough it was worth the effort of checking, I was pleasantly surprised.

We both had to buy a car tax disc today too, I can't believe that we have to pay 170 pounds a year just to use the fucking roads! I'm annoyed that having just been paid, all our money is draining away before the month has started.

I got some bad bad news about a friend this week too, it's really blown me off my feet. I don't know what to do or say to her. Last time I saw her, about 10 weeks ago she looked fine, but now I hear she's got advanced C - I just can't believe it. It's not the first time a friend of mine has died young of C and after that I didn't expect another friend to have it. I'm probably naive to feel like this - doesn't it affect 1 in 4 people or something? It scares the hell out of me.


I'm glad Chantelle won Celebrity Big Brother but I wish she had something more interesting to say other than "Oh my God", like "Pete Burns, you are a cunt!"

No comments: