Thursday, January 19, 2006

Which celebrity do you look like?

My wife showed me this site today, which I thought was quite funny. How do some people get the belief that they are the spitting image of a celebrity when they clearly look nothing like them - apart from wearing a similar pair of sunglasses or similar hat?

It has set me thinking about the experience of being compared to a celebrity. The only person I remember passing comment on who I looked like was an old friend of mine who told me when he first met me that he thought I looked exactly like Mike Mills. This was back in '93 or something and yes I did have long hair and round glasses in those days. Not now though.

When I first met the woman who was to become my wife, I was spellbound by her beautiful face. I remember waking up with the sun streaming through the curtains and looking at her face and thinking she was Pocahontas, apologies for the Disney cartoon but this was the only image of Pocahontas I had in mind because the real Pocahontas was not pretty imho.

So come on, which celebrity have you been compared to?

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Tell me about it. Comparing yourself to a celebrity is so wack. I mean, if a had a nickle for every time I heard Ashton Kutcher, or Gearge Clooney, or Brad Pitt.

FW said...

LOL! Comparing yourself is one thing, making a living from it is quite another...

FW said...

Cute ;)