Saturday, January 21, 2006

Whale of a time

The whale in the Thames is the big news story of the last couple of days. It's an extraordinary event, I'm not surprised it has attracted thousands of onlookers. I feel a little uncomfortable about all the spectators though, I suppose they are there because they feel sympathy for the poor creature and it's not a bullfight/bloodthirsty kind of thing. The last I heard, the prognosis doesn't look too good for the poor thing.

Underworld Evolution looks like an interesting film to go and see, doubt I'll get to see it at the cinema though with the need for childcare. I haven't seen the first Underworld film either but that has some good reviews. Where have I been? I don't think I've ever heard of these films. They sound like a computer game, I should do some research and find out if they're based on anything. This probably sounds like the dumbest post to Underworld fans but hey ho you've got to start somewhere haven't you?

I had to take my car to the mechanic yesterday, the MOT is due on Monday. Picked it up today and it was 200 quid. Another lump of money taking me further into the fucking red. What made it worse though, was that I stupidly asked for a service at the same time. I don't use my car much: like last year I did 5000 miles, and three quarters of this bill is for a 9000 mile service. When I asked for a service I should have made it clear I wanted a 3000 mile service, I'm sure he's done something like that for me in the past. If I was half a man I'd service the car my fucking self! I hate the car trade!

The Lemsip Max strength isn't helping much. I'm off to bed soon to watch more of Alias, great series. There's a new Argos catalogue out, pity we didn't pick one up today - I could have taken that to bed.

No comments: