Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Finding things to do

I'm all over the shop at the moment. Finding things to do that keep me occupied. Like making a model for the children. Watching DVDs. Playing videogames. Reading books. Downloading podcasts. Blogging. The deadline for the job I thought of applying for is this Friday and I haven't done anything about my application. To be honest, the thought of going for a job for less money has put me off big style. I think I'm doing all of these things to fill in time, so I have an excuse not to apply. It's not like I'd be a dead cert to get it, on one hand I don't know why I'm bothered and on the other I really want my heart and soul to be into a job before applying. The other thing at the back of my mind was my wife commenting that the job didn't sound very interesting (it's not a million miles away from what I do now). I tend to agree with her and this has probably put me off more than the money thing. 85% of me has decided not to apply and 15% thinks the practice might be good. That's not enough of an incentive.

I've got the KT Tunstall CD Eye To The Telescope out the library to listen to. Last night I watched The Transporter again and it is an excellent film. Most of all, I admired the really cool soundtrack by Stanley Clarke that I'd not really noticed before.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

You can always get the job, and if you don't like it, just quit.

LOL. I dunno. Is that inconsiderate to the employer?

FW said...

LOL. Nah, just too much effort!