Friday, January 13, 2006

Jobs and Money

I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I have seen the perfect job for me. However, it has a salary a few thousand less than I'm currently on. Some people might consider it is a backwards step to take a job that is not as well paid as the one you are leaving. What is your view? If I got the job I've seen, I would probably be able to earn a higher salary in the long run. I think I will apply for it and see what happens, can't hurt can it?
We saw the mortgage company today and talked about debt consolidation. I hate having to sort money out. It's horrible when you live outside of your means, even if its not extreme (which our case isn't) it is still a bit scary to have to even consider a loan secured against our property. We tend to be very conservative with money and risks. Why is finance so complicated, I wish I understood it or knew where to get really independent advice from - someone to analyse our spending and lifestyle and tell us what to do would be good.
Last thing for tonight: at last I went for a short jog yesterday lunchtime. First time since early last summer really. My thighs ache today, which I think is a good sign. I must do it again. You've got to keep fit haven't you?

3 comments:

Ryan said...

I say go for it - if you can make more money in the long run. I personally would keep the shitty job that you've got now, if the other one wouldn't have the chance of ever making anything substantial. I've never had money, so the promise of one day having it wets the appetite. Good luck! :)

FW said...

Thanks, I'll apply and see where it gets me. My current job will probably finish later this year, so I have to do something soon. I don't want to have to take something that is not right just to pay the bills.

FW said...

Caatje, thanks I've made my mind up to apply. You're right, as I already know and really like some of the people there, I'm sure that's a good sign. I just have to get out of my "comfort zone" and do the application. I am a little concerned what my boss will say though...