Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Back in the saddle

I didn't see the BAFTA awards ceremony this year, I think this is probably the glitziest British awards ceremony - it's posher than The Brits music awards. You can get a taste from these videos on the web, the presenter Stephen Fry has his own unique style and you can tell he likes words.

My business trip is over and I'm exhausted. It was nice to get home and get back to the family. It's when you're away that you really appreciate what you have in having a family. Four hours on the train up and back was boring, I'm glad I stayed overnight otherwise it would have been a killer - especially having to travel again today. My MP3 player seems to have died too, which makes the journey even more boring - though the train has radios inbetween the seats that you can plug you're headphones into. I listened to a radio drama serial called The Archers, there are people who listen to this show religiously. I just think it's a bit naff, a snooty person's version of Eastenders. Maybe I'm exagerrating.

2 comments:

Tara said...

I'm sorry to hear that your MP3 died on you, but good to hear that you're back home. My brother travels to the UK and other countries for business and he's always happy when he's ready to come home because he's got his wife and his toddler waiting for him.

I think Dougray Scott took part in the BAFTAs awhile back. He's a Scottish actor that some of my friends and I worship. :)

FW said...

Hi T, yeah it's great to come home after a trip :)
I had to Google Dougray but I see he's been in The Crow Road, which I loved so he must be good!