Thursday, February 23, 2006

MP3 Man Strikes Again

I love the Eurovision Song Contest and I saw this today:

Even though 160 million viewers watch Eurovision, British media and BBC suits still sneer at it. Americans are not so stupid. Plans have just been made to create Americavision, based on our Song Contest, and NBC executives expect it to be so big it'll blow American Idol out of the water. The competition will involve each American state choosing a band or artist to compete in a huge prime-time final.

I wonder if it will work in the US?

Today I bought a new MP3 player, see photo below. It's got eight and a half times more memory than my last one and cost the same price. It also has some nice 'simple but useful' features like shuffle play, voice recording, a battery indicator, track and artist info ticker (all new for me). It'll hold more music than I can listen to in a single trip. The process of buying it was a little harder than it should have been, I got quite a mature checkout assistant and she ran it through the till twice because she was having trouble with the security tag. I can sympathize, the design of those security studs must be quite bad because they never seem to come off anything I buy very easily. So my poor, shiny new MP3 player was getting bashed a bit and she handed it to the checkout assistant next to her who bashed it too. When it came back to her she swiped it again. Hence it totalled double what it should have. So, I then had to follow her to Customer Service who had to credit my credit card with half the amount. It was early and the store was empty - otherwise I might have been more annoyed. My brother is a massive audiophile and he would sneer at my little player I'm sure. But hey, in my book, if it works and is simple to use I'll get just as much pleasure from it than he would from one costing a hundred times as much.

Today, I got tagged for the first time by Tara. Here's the score...
List seven songs you are into right now, no matter what the genre. It does not matter whether they have words, or what decade they're from. The only requirement is that they must be songs you’re really enjoying right now.

Post these instructions on your blog along with your seven song choices. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.
Here's mine then, in no particular order:
1. Black Eyed Peas - Hey Mama
2. Osmonds - Crazy Horses
3. Lemar - I Believe In A Thing Called Love
4. Schnappi - Das Kleine Krokodil
5. Crazy Frog - Axel F
6. Mud - Tiger Feet
7. Ray Charles - Shake Your Tailfeather

Apart from the 1st and 2nd, these aren't the kind of songs I'd be listening to if I didn't have a family who like this kind of stuff. I can get into it though and enjoy it just as much as they do. A little embarrasingly, I'm not acquainted with 7 other bloggers yet - so thanks T ;-) I guess that's my homework!

3 comments:

Tara said...

"Hey Mama" is a good song to exercise to, I discovered. I love "Shake Your Tailfeather" too. I think Tina Turner did a version of that song when she was singing with Ike.

FW said...

Hi T, I'll have to keep an eye out for that Ike and Tina version - I bet she rocked it up! I love Black Eyed Peas, I just got Monkey Business and it's great - I sing My Humps when I'm alone in the house!

Tara said...

Haha.."Girl, watcha gonna do with all that junk...all that junk inside your trunk?" I have that CD now too.