Saturday, February 11, 2006

Saturday evening thoughts

I'm eating a Swedish Fish as I write this, it'a a sort of fish-shaped chewy jelly sweet that my wife buys from Ikea. Fortunately, it doesn't taste of fish but then it doesn't really taste of anything else either - apart from sugar.

Congratulations go to Steve Fossett who has flown further continuously than any human ever. A crazy daring thrilling end to a great story, the man is a hero. He's no spring chicken yet he managed to stay awake for over 70 hours and concentrate making decisions all the time and fly his plane around the whole globe. A great achievement.

From an achievement to a disaster. West Brom lost today to Fulham. I mean LOST big time. It was a sickening defeat. I'm not happy.

I've not been feeling very well today, but I've not complained, I've soldiered on regardless but its getting the better of me a bit now. I think I might have to lie on the sofa and watch TV with a blanket over me. Nooooo mustn't give in to it!

I can start painting the model I've been building for my kids tomorrow :-) it will be good to make some progress. I started it last year but it got put in the loft. I got it out a few weeks ago and made a start again. They're going to love playing with it when its ready. I might even post a picture of it. How's that for generosity?

One last item, I'm catching up with Alias slowly. I got the 1st volume of the 2nd series dvd out of my local public library. I love the show! My wife got the 2nd season of 24 out at the same time - boy has she got some watching to do this week (like 4 hours a day!). She's enjoying it though.

2 comments:

Tara said...

I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well! Rest is always a good idea, you know. Rest, tea and soup.

I've tried those Swedish fish before. Not my thing, unless of course they start covering them with sour sugar like the Sour Patch Kids candy.

Feel better ASAP!

FW said...

Hey Tara, I prefer the little chewy pink and white mushroom type things, yum!

I am feeling better and I'm sure it's your comment that helped, thanks ;-)