Saturday, July 22, 2006

Heat: Have Mercy!

The last few days have been hot with high humidity, making the heat feel worse. Even rain today hasn't managed to cool things down. I work upstairs and it has been very tiring due to the heat.

My wife has been doing hours of work on the computer for her job, hence my lack of opportunity to actually get on and do some blogging. I have been downloading a few podcasts though, so I guess that has taken some of my time up too. Here are the ones I've been listening to:

NYUB
The Alternative Music Show
Radio 1 Unsigned
KCRW Today's Top Tune
XFM Sessions
Take Your Medicine

They are all music related, I like The Alternative Music Show because the presenters Eric and Sara Skiff seem so laid back and nice as people. They have a nice little chat inbetween some really good mellow tracks.


From the library today we borrowed two films: Creep and Doom. I'll let you know what I think once I've watched them. I used to love playing the Doom computer game but films based on videogames are usually notoriously bad, so my hopes aren't high.

The Lost Boys is on TV tonight, might give that a go I think I've enjoyed it in the past. The good news on the film front is that Film Four changes from a subscription based channel into a free digital channel tomorrow. That' s a great move and I'm looking forward to watching some great popcorn films over the newxt few years. Maybe I'm looking forward to the popcorn too!

4 comments:

Ryan said...

No Chris Moyles?

FW said...

Ryan: I used to find him irritating on his drivetime show. The music he played was fine but his chat spoiled it for me. I haven't listened to him in a long while, he might have mellowed.

Eric Skiff said...

This is Eric from the Alternative Music show. Just saw your link and wanted to say thanks so much for the kind words. That really made my night!

FW said...

Eric: Thanks man, I love you for introducing me to Harmony Trowbridge - she's awesome!