Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Space Shuttle Success

I just watched the launch of the shuttle Discovery on NASA TV. I'm pleased to say it all looked very smooth. Every time I watch a shuttle launch I'm very nervous about it just exploding into flames. Even though millions of dollars have been spent on safety and camera technology has improved so much that they can practically get to any part of the ship to examine it thoroughly now. It adds to the Independence Day celebrations for the USA very nicely. Have fun guys, doing whatever it is you do to celebrate!

In the World Cup, I've got over my disappointment that England are out. Germany face Italy and Portugal face France tonight in the semi-finals. I'm hoping for a Germany France final.

The weather got a bit mad here between 4 and 5pm. It's been hot and sunny for two weeks or more but for half an hour we had a terrific storm: thunder, lightning, howling winds and lashing rain. I drove over to another part of town (there was a flood across the road) and it was sunny, hot and calm. I couldn't believe it, it was like I was in a different country. It had all finished by the time I got back.

5 comments:

Tara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tara said...

Every time I watch a shuttle launch I'm very nervous about it just exploding into flames.

That's weird, I get nervous too. Ever since I saw "The Challenger" shuttle tragedy when I was a kid.

FW said...

Tara: yeah that was a shocking moment I saw too.

Ryan said...

If that would have blown up on July 4th, it would have been like a total downer. lol.

FW said...

Ryan: Oh boy! That would've been bad. lol!