Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Krispy Kreme Delicious!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A while back I posted about Krispy Kreme coming to the UK with a shop opening on 4th July near to where I live. The funny thing was, after I posted that, I had a very polite email from Krispy Kreme asking if I would be interested in attending an opening celebration involving champagne and complimentary doughnut. I said YES PLEASE and got my invite in the post, but unfortunately on the day I was working and couldn't make it. I also found out that it wasn't the first Krispy Kreme shop to open in the UK.

Today, I found one in High Holborn in London. Boy, the tube was stifling and humid - very unpleasant. Anyway, I entered Krispy Kreme and picked up an Original Glazed, a Maple Glazed and a bottle of Coka Cola. I didn't sample the delights until I got back to the train station to come home. Wow! The dough was so light and delicious, it was wonderful. Beforehand I admit I had a bit of trepidation because the smell inside the shop was so sugary but seriously, they are great tasting. I'm going to have to try the other varieties. I'm no longer a Krispy Kreme virgin.

Thanks to Tara for mentioning the brand originally. It just goes to show, you never know who is reading your blog!

8 comments:

Tara said...

Champagne and doughnuts?? I don't remember any of our shops having an open house like that. I wonder what that combo tastes like? That was so cool that they invited you to their grand opening!

Now I'm hungry for Krispy Kremes!

FW said...

Tara: I know, what a result! Just a shame I couldn't make it, I bet champagne goes well with doughnuts for breakfast!

Ryan said...

Those donuts are sex. I'm telling you. You may have noticed that, if you flip the box over, it says they were made in Winston Salem, North Carolina. Used to live there! That's what the South is really like... Riding your bike down a dusty road in the boondocks, sun shining, Krispy Kreme donuts, and... Pepsi. :D

FW said...

Ryan: I always wondered what the Boondocks were! Sounds good, except I'm a coke man myself. My wife does incredible belches after slurping cold Pepsi Max though.

Ryan said...

Pepsi Max. How Euro. ;)

AlienCG said...

Just remember, FW, moderation. These donuts are highly fattening and loaded with sugar. While I do enjoy an occasional Krispy Kreme, I do not indulge too often.

By the way, Tara, the reason they can't do it over here is because of laws that prohibit the distribution of alcohol without a license. Just thought you'd like to know.

FW said...

Ryan: I know! I think Pepsi has a better logo, if that's any consolation.

AlienCG: Yep, it's a good job the stores aren't anywhere close. Less temptation that way!
I think stores can get away with champagne breakfasts and wine & cheese parties by making them invitation only events, like parties or something? Just a thought.

Unknown said...

Krispy Kreme donuts are highly addictive, or as my husband and I fondly call them, "The Fat-Person's Heroine". I find the plain glazed are the best though. The rest are just TOO sweet.