Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Hill top panorama (sort of)

We took our new camera when we went for a walk on Saturday, it had been raining and threatened to rain again. So it was soggy and muddy underfoot but even so, it's good to get out for a bit of fresh air.

I've stitched 3 photos together below, not seriously trying to make a panorama when I shot the photos but I thought they could almost make one so I've had a go, see what you think.



Here's our camera, the Olympus SP-310. I thought it was kind of odd-looking when I first saw it but looking at the spec I was impressed. I was also very surprised by the price too, very very reasonable and just the bracket we were looking at. It's the first Olympus camera I've owned but I've used Olympus digital cameras at work and have been happy with the results. It's not very often we get to buy a camera so I did my research and looked at a few for comparison but this one had so many scene modes and gave the possibility of so much control that I decided to go for it and I haven't been disappointed so far.

4 comments:

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

nice landscape picture..I couldn't shoot straight if I tried...

FW said...

Sometimes the composition works better if a photo is askew (at least, that's what I pretend to people when they have to tilt their heads!)

Tara said...

That is a beautiful camera! Have fun with it! But be careful not to drop it like I did with my camera the first time I used it. I broke it, but Santa had bought me a warranty, so I replaced it and I'm much more careful.

FW said...

What a nice Santa! But what rotten luck to drop it the first time taking it out. Yes, I dropped our last digital compact but it worked for another year afterward. I don't know whether the drop was related to its ultimate failure or not but I wouldn't be surprised. Pity it was out of warranty.