Monday, January 22, 2007

My Dream Holiday

Rachel's post on this got me wandering what my dream holiday would be. I have two versions: on one level, a dream holiday would be where my family are all together on a hot sunny beach enjoying spending the days playing together. Eating great barbecue food and never getting burned by the sun or getting sand in our sandwiches AND never arguing once. There would be a creche to allow me and my wife to go visiting museums and art galleries. In the evening, we'd both be free for Love Duty.

The other version is where we go and visit Iceland and the Scandinavian countries because they always look so beautiful in the photographs I've seen and I've always wondered what they were like. Following that, we'd go to Germany for a beer festival and have a merry old time eating and drinking.
I've never been skiing, so that would be my next 3 destinations: France, Switzerland and Austria.

After that I'd like to visit Russia because of the architecture and the history. Next on my tour would be Turkey where I would indulge in the food and warm up after all of those coler countries. Italy would be next for a bit of clothes shopping and wine drinking.

Japan is a place that intrigues me too, I'd like to visit that country to meditate in a Buddhist temple and experience a completely different culture to the West. I'd probably round off my tour with a trip to New Zealand. I'm sure there are loads of places I'd like to visit that I've missed off this list.

I was looking at jobs in Canada just the other day. I didn't see one but I would consider living near Toronto. It must be beautiful in Canada near all those enormous lakes. I'd live in the USA too, the food is just amazing and so plentiful.

If you've never seen Google Earth, its really fun way to zoom around the world and look at places you've never been to. All of the above countries can be visited in less than 5 minutes and it's probably closer than I'll ever get otherwise.

4 comments:

laura b. said...

I have had very little opportunity to travel, so anywhere sounds great to me! I expect to be one of those old ladies traveling with my little gaggle of friends. So far travel has been too costly and difficult while raising a family. Dreaming is free though!

Tara said...

Canada's my next trip to see my little nephew, but after that I'd love to save up for the UK and then to Australia. Japan does sound like an interesting place to travel as well.

Rachel said...

LOL... I love that my posts inspires you to write about it on your blog.
I would love to visit all of the countries that you mentioned too. I have a wanderlust that has never been satisfied.

FW said...

L.B.: Ay, I hear you on the family front and dreaming is free!

Tara: Canada looks lovely, you must take lots of photos to share!

Rachel: And I love that you write so well! You've got to satiate that wanderlust you know ;-)