Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Post 500

Yes it's my 500th post on this blog, that seems quite a lot. Nothing much to report though, it's a funny old week really. The slapped cheek virus is lingering round our household, now that my son has got rid of it the girl has come down. I'm trying to stay good eating-wise even though everyone else in the household is eating pure evil food - chocolate Flake bars galore. Somehow I'm managing to keep on the straight and narrow, well at least to severly limit my intake of intoxicating deliciousness. I am having great lunchtime sandwiches though - crammed with tomato, cucumber and lettuce with Paul Newman's Italian dressing drizzled in. Absolutely gorgeous!

The weather has improved, last week it was bitterly cold and windy but it's just grey and drizzly but not so cold now. Well that was a boring weather report wasn't it?

Is there no way I can liven up my 500th post? I could mention that Shilpa Shetty won Celebrity Big Brother on Sunday. I either wanted her or Dirk Benedict to win. I watched the few episodes and thought it was good but then when Jade Goody and her family went in I turned off, couldn't be less interested in the twiddle twoddle they talk about. From the pieces of footage I've seen I can't believe how someone can get so angry and wound up over something so petty and to be honest I can't quite believe someone so stupid exists. Then again I've not been confined to a house with ego-maniac celebrities before. But the thing that I find most annoying is that they get PAID to go in there! But putting even that aside, I hope C4 have learned their lesson about putting people who haven't really earned their celebrity centre stage like that. Well, that's my tuppence worth on the subject.

6 comments:

Tara said...

Dirk Benedict?? Wow, I haven't heard that name in awhile! I think he was on an 80s show called "The A Team". I had such a crush on him.

We had some "Lake Effect" snow today, but I have a feeling the more eastern cities were hit harder. How's that for a weather report? Lol.

laura b. said...

500 posts! That seems like a bit of a milestone, so congrats FW!
Your sandwich sounds delicious and your weather sounds a bit like the weather right here in So. Cal.

Rachel said...

Today was my 100th post. I totally forgot to mention it.
I am sure that it is just a matter of time until we have Celebrity Big Brother her in the USA. We have The Surreal Life but it isn't quite the same thing.

Rachel said...

Oops..I forgot ~

Happy 500th post!!!

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Holy Crap FW.. 500 posts.. Woo Hoo !!!!!!!!!!!!Wow oh wow.. Nice going.. I can only say woo hoo... WTG.......YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

FW said...

Tara: Dirk's entrance was classic, he arrived in an A Team van. How cool is that?

L.B.: Thanks, although I wouldn't mind some of that So. Cal. sun!

Rachel: Congrats on your 100th, many happy returns!

Babybull40: Thanks!