Thursday, August 16, 2012

Holiday period

Last week I was in the fortunate position of being able to rest and spend some time with my family. I was on annual leave and not working. It was a very needed week of rest. I had been feeling quite run down and tired. I just needed some time to recharge my batteries.

I didn't have a plan. I took each day fairly easily and watched quite a bit of the Olympics on TV, my wife and I clubbed together to buy ourselves a new TV. So it was a good week to take off with the massive number of medals that Team GB won, I couldn't believe that we came third after USA and China. It just goes to show what having the tournament on your home turf can do for you.

This forthcoming weekend I have Friday and Monday off. I'm going to take my kids to see their gramps on Friday and on Monday may go into London to visit a James Bond style exhibition. So I have more of a plan for the days with this next holiday chance.

2 comments:

laura b. said...

I, too, enjoyed some time off. I wasn't able to really plan many activities, but it was wonderful just resting.

FW said...

Good, I'm glad you got some rest :-)