Thursday, August 02, 2012

Multiplayer Mayhem

My son and I like to play videogames. We sometimes play together and enjoy the thrill of going head to head in splitscreen multiplayer. He recently visited a friend and got playing a James Bond videogame title "Nightfire" on PS2. Since moving on to the Xbox360 I gave my son my PS2 console and I've bought him a few game titles for it (Star Wars related and Lego ones mainly). But Nightfire is an older game and I knew it was selling relatively cheaply compared to new games so I picked it up and we have been playing it on multiplayer. It's pretty good and has lots of options. It's a good introduction for him to games we can play together when he is older.



I don't like him knowing too much about wargames and the like, I try to keep him away from that stuff but it's hard when all of his friends parents seem to think nothing of buying the latest Call of Duty games for their youngsters. Just because they are games doesn't mean they aren't making an impression. I do worry about this stuff.

3 comments:

Tara said...

It's good to worry about some of those games, because they are becoming more and more realistic and graphic.

I should play some video games; I've been neglecting my Nintendo Wii.

laura b. said...

It is always a balancing act as a parent. You know that you want to hold off on introducing things more suitable for when they are older, yet the influence of friends is strong.
Seems like you have a good realtionship with your kids, so I'm sure you can talk with them about concerns you'd have. That helps.

FW said...

Tara: For some reason I too have been neglecting my Wii. My son still plays on it though.

L.B.: You're right, I hope we make it clear to him that we're not restricting his access to punish him, just that we want him to understand the films and games he watches and plays better.