Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Films to see

Not being a regular cinema goer there are a few films from this year that I would really love to watch.

The Amazing Spiderman
Total Recall
The Bourne Legacy
Batman Dark Knight Rises
Expendables 2

I don't have any subscriptions to film services like Netflix or Love Film. They all seem to offer the same choices of method of delivery. But I guess I'd probably end up buying the DVD for films I really liked anyway. So that's why I haven't subscribed and I think I could get films via a pay as you use service in my TV (but I haven't researched this option yet, so I might be wrong about this).
Lately, I have tended to watch films I already own or have recorded from the TV. They might not be the latest blockbusters but I pay enough for my children to see the latest films so I think I am contributing to the cinema economy through paying for them.
Are there any films you would love to see but have missed at the cinema?

4 comments:

laura b. said...

You've got a good list there. I am especially curious about the new Total Recall.
Some things that have fairly recently come out on dvd that I missed at theaters are -
Drive
Midnight in Paris
Martha Marcy May Marlene
Paranormal Activity 3

FW said...

LB: I saw Paranormal Activity 1 and 2, so seeing the 3rd film would appeal to me too.

Tara said...

"The Dark Knight Rises" was a pretty good movie, even though I'm not a huge Batman fan. I'm kind of curious about the remake of "Total Recall".

FW said...

Tara: I love Batman, I am a huge fan of all the films. I'm looking forward to seeing a new interpretation of Total Recall.