Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Underworld (film franchise)

When the first film came out back in 2003 I missed it completely. My introduction to it came via Tara's blog, I think Tara even had an image from the film as her avatar. I have watched the film a few times, including this week when I bought a double disk version on DVD. I also picked up copies of Underworld Evolution and Underworld Rise of the Lycans. I am watching them in order. There is a new film in the series from this year, Underworld Awakening I think it's called. I haven't seen this yet, I guess I'll be waiting for it to come out on DVD release before I see it. The image below is of Kate Beckinsale who plays the role of Selene, I've seen Kate do an interview recently because she is also in the new version of Total Recall that is hitting cinemas. I'd like to see that. She is both very clever and very beautiful too, which doesn't hurt while watching the films.

4 comments:

laura b. said...

I think I happened to catch Rise of the Lycans on cable, by chance. I can see the appeal...at least it certainly appealed to my partner :)

FW said...

LB: I cannot deny she has her charms!

Tara said...

Yup, I was (and still am) a fan of this franchise, but I doubt I will ever watch "Underworld Awakening". I actually enjoyed the other characters in the movies (Lucian, Michael, Raze, Victor, Marcus, etc.).

FW said...

Tara: Good to know you're still a fan of the franchise. It's grown on me after seeing the films a few times now. I am sort of interested in the latest film, just to see how the story develops, but I can wait for it to come down in price.