Sunday, September 02, 2012

The Grind Begins Again

Since the beginning of August I have been quite lucky to have some holiday days I could take, which has meant that I've been working shorter weeks than normal. Last week was a four day week and this week coming I am working a 3 day week but the week after will be a full on five day week.
I have been enjoying some additional time for recreation but I know soon enough that will change to feeling that weekends are too short and the working day will start to feel longer as the nights begin to get darker and the autumn and winter seasons begin. It is already feeling a bit cooler than it was and we're only just into the beginning of September.
I've been enjoying blogging but I worry that my free time will be eaten up just trying to stay afloat amid the chaos of daily family life. My son starts a new school this week, I hope he enjoys it and that he makes some good friends at the school. I hope we do too as parents actually. We have started to make some inroads into that, we were invited to afternoon tea at the parents of a friend of our daughter's on Saturday and had a nice time. They seemed a very nice couple and their friends seemed nice too.
My wife starts back at her school this coming week, so it's really all back to the grindstone again. No wonder we look forward to holidays.

2 comments:

laura b. said...

As much as I enjoy my job, sometimes I despair at how much of my life is devoted to it.
Nice to hear you've made new friends...it seems more difficult to do as adults, doesn't it? At least it has been for me.

Tara said...

It's so difficult to go from shortened weeks to a full five day work week, doesn't it? In fact, the regular weeks seem to stretch on longer after enjoying the high life.