Saturday, September 08, 2012

Good weather weekend

We have had good weather since Thursday and the prospects are looking good for the remainder of the weekend. I like this time of year for the weather, when the mornings have a chill in the air but the day turns out hot and sunny.
I had some time today to drift around town on my own. I picked up a retractable clothes line my wife asked for. I bought a comb for grooming the kittens, even though they are just short hair moggies. I looked for a toast rack but couldn't find one, not even in the shop that seems to sell just a whole load of odd things you don't expect - like meat thermometers, fried egg rings etc. I visited a tiny little shop that sells comics but I felt a bit uncomfortable in there, I think because the guy who I assume owned it was a little bit too over-welcoming. I just wanted to go in and anonymously browse to see what they had and whether anything struck my imagination but instead he tried too hard to engage me in conversation. I'm not hard to talk to and like a conversation as much as the next guy. However, I still felt like an outsider and I don't know whether it was some barrier I subconsciously put up or something about him.
Later in the afternoon I did some work in the garden, digging over the flower beds which had caked into hard soil and grown weeds. We're putting a line of short stubby fencing in and I was hammering those into the ground, at least I was until the barrier wood I was hitting split and broke. Have to do more of that tomorrow I guess to drive the fence stakes deeper.



2 comments:

laura b. said...

I am longing for some good weather. It has been so hot and so humid here for weeks. I'm ready to not be sweaty all the time :)

FW said...

LB: I don't like feeling all sweaty either. I think someone should invent solar powered skin tight chill suits that circulate cooling gel around our hot bodies.