Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Man v Food

Friends of mine were telling me about this show and last night I happened to catch an episode of Man v Food Nation. I thought it was a great show. Some of the food looked really tasty but the portions were extreme. There is something about American family businesses that I like, especially where good quality tasty food is concerned. Some of the oldest establishments serve up simple food that hasn't changed since the business started and I think that longevity is something to be proud of. It is a sign that the food has a constant appeal to each new generation. I was interested in a visit the presenter made to what I believe claims to be the place where hamburgers were first made: Louis's Lunch. I call it a burger on toast and funnily enough I had eaten a burget sandwich for lunch the day I watched the show. I like the old broilers, I still don't really know what a broiler is but I like the name.
All this food has inspired me to show you what I cooked for my lunch today.
I thought I would photograph the sequence for you, it was so tasty I got carried away eating it though. The pictures don't need any words. I used ketchup but a slice of tomato would have been better, we are out of tomatoes unfortunately. Louis's don't allow ketchup so my dish wouldn't get on their menu!





3 comments:

laura b. said...

Man v Food is a fun show. I like seeing the local favorites and when Adam does the big challenge.

Now, your lunch looks awesome! Am I looking at a triple decker grilled cheese? I looooove cheese :) Good thing it is almost time for my dinner over here...

FW said...

LB: You are indeed! It was good but my wife rolled her eyes and generally disapproved, thinking of the fat content. I love the way that you have to know how to order food in the US, like getting the names right for instance.

Tara said...

Oo, that sandwich looks so good! Nice oven, too!