Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Favorite choc bars

I was buying a ready packaged meal in the supermarket after work this week for my wife and my eye caught sight of the offers on the ends of one of the aisles. I noticed that I could buy a pack of four Topic bars for one pound. I was tempted and felt I could do with a sweet treat so I grabbed a pack. Topic was a bar that I remembered from my childhood. I wasn't even sure if they were still made to be honest. I like chocolate and caramel and hazlenut and taking my first bite it was lovely. I was surprised at how nice it was. Now I'm feeling all good that something from my childhood is as good today as it was when I remembered it. I wouldn't want more than one bar a day though, it was quite sweet.

Here is an advert from my childhood years, I remember the slogan "a hazlenut in every bite" but I don't remember the advert itself.


2 comments:

laura b. said...

I don't think we have Topic here, but it sounds good...I do like chocolate, caramel, and hazelnut!

FW said...

LB: That combination is certainly a winner isn't it? Hard to go wrong with it I guess. It was good if you like your chocolate really sweet.