Saturday, March 30, 2013

Total Recall

I watched the Colin Farrell version of this recently and I liked it, I especially liked his wife who turns out to be someone hellbent on killing him for most of the rest of the film. The action sequences are very good, which is sort of a given in todays cinema. I've read some criticism for low emotional content and poor character development. Hmmm, I don't know if I agree. I liked the original and I liked this version but in different ways. I'd have to watch the original again. At the time, I thought the effects in the original were amazing. Today they might seem dated I suppose, it was made over 23 years ago.


2 comments:

Tara said...

I might give the remake a try after your review. I liked the original, it was an interesting movie.

FW said...

Tara: If you like action adventure films, there was plenty of it. I'm a big fan of Kate Beckinsale but I didn't realise it was her at first - guess I'm used to seeing her in the Underworld films.