Monday, March 04, 2013

Journey to Mars

Interesting story about the search for a couple to take on the challenge of living together for months in a confined space. I would get cabin fever I reckon. I don't think I would cope mentally. I love my wife and being with her but living in such close confinement and not having the chance to get some variety would just do my head in. The routine would be monotous, the food would get monotonous, conversation, everything really would get so monotonous. I'd end up a crazy vegetable. How do you think you would last? Would you prefer to journey to Mars with someone you love or someone new you are attracted to, who you think you would fall in love with you? I'd be more interested in Mars than my wife, so I don't think there would be enough interest to sustain her. However, with someone new it might be interesting to begin with but what if you decided you didn't like each other and yet had to co-habit for  18 months? Wouldn't that be awful?


4 comments:

laura b. said...

As much as I love my partner, something like this sounds horrible. I can't think of a scenario in which I'd willingly do this!

FW said...

LB: I know what you mean. What with the confinement and the exposure to radiation, it doesn't sound like much of a jolly does it?

Tara said...

Yikes, no thank you. I'd be ready to jump out of my skin after a week of living with anyone in a confined space; on Earth or any other planet!

FW said...

Tara: Agreed then, you'd have to be a "special" couple to want to do this ;-)