Saturday, March 23, 2013

Game of Thrones

This seems to be a very popular series in the States. My wife got me the box set of the first series. I've watched the first episode. I am torn between watching other episodes or starting the books. I think the TV is going to win. I have other reading to do. There was more sex involved than I was expecting and it depends whether you like to watch that sort of thing. It's definitely not family viewing. I guess I'm more used to seeing violence in fantasy series (I'm probably thinking of The Lord of the Rings) rather than sex so in some ways it is refreshing. The characters are quite interesting. Nice mix of accents from around the British Isles.

2 comments:

laura b. said...

It IS popular in the states, although I haven't yet jumped on board.
As I understand it, as the series continues it will probably begin diverging from the books more and more.

FW said...

LB: That's interesting. I would like to read the books, their weight and volume makes me think I won't get through them. There are a huge number of characters involved apparently.