Friday, October 13, 2006

The Baby (1973)

It's getting colder, the nights are drawing in. Winter is on its way and so is Halloween. Yes, it's horror film season, yay!! It's also Friday the 13th!!!!!! Now, I'd be failing in my duty to you if I didn't try and interest you in something bizarre and disturbing wouldn't I? So here it is, one of the strangest and unsettling horror films I've ever seen. It's so seventies, if you're into that scene you're going to love this film. The plot synopsis is here, it's a psychodrama and a classic that I have on VHS taped from the TV late one night a few years back. I had taped a documentary a few weeks back and fell asleep while watching it, when I woke up I realised that I had missed my documentary and there was something else on the tape. Fortunately I hadn't taped over this seventies masterpiece of sick! Enjoy it, if you can find it!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg, that looks campy. I just added it to my netflix queue. :D

Tara said...

Hmm..I think I'll add this to my Netflix list!

FW said...

I don't know what Netflix is, but the film is indeed quite camp. Opinion is divided in my house on how scary this is - my wife thinks it's "odd" more than scary but I'm very unsettled by the ending of the film and the performances.

Anonymous said...

netflix is awesome. you keep a queue of all the movies you want to see and netflix sends them to you 1-2 at a time - and then when you return a DVD, the next one on your list is automatically sent. you don't have anything like that over there? you're missing out!

FW said...

Thanks (and Tara too), Netflix looks alright to me. We get all our multimedia rentals from the public library, which has a good range of stuff. So I don't think we'll be joining the equivalent of Netflix. If we didn't live so near town, I think it would be a good idea to join.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Fri. 13th, you know what scared the bee-jaysus out of me; it was Jason standing beside the washing line in the daylight hours? Horror whilst the sun was in the sky? How scarey!!

FW said...

It's both scary and surprising to have the unexpected happen in daylight. It's somehow more expected at night.