Friday, October 06, 2006

Friday night pubs

It's been one of those wet, cold Fridays. I'm glad its Friday and that I can put the heat on and settle into a relaxing evening knowing that I don't have to go out or get up early tomorrow. At times like these though, I know from past experience, its usually the best time to go out. There's something about wet, cold Fridays that make sitting in a warm pub getting a bit drunk and talking to your mates more attractive. Mostly in pubs people talk a lot of rubbish about work, relationships, who they fancy, who they don't fancy etc. It's good to talk though. And in pubs there's usually a fair amount of laughter.
That's a rather rose-tinted view of pubs. But from where I sit right now, I quite fancy a pint...

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I love those evenings when you can look forward to sleeping late the next morning. THE best!

FW said...

"Late" is a relative term, I've learned that from having two children.