Sunday, October 22, 2006

A Song for a Sunday

I can't think of a better singer songwriter at the moment than KT Tunstall. I splashed out on a few CDs this weekend:
  • KT Tunstall - Acoustic Extravaganza
  • Scissor Sisters - Ta-Dah
  • Lily Allen - Alright Still...
  • Franz Ferdinand - You Could Have It So Much Better
  • Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I am, That's What I'm Not
  • Gnarls Barkley - St. Elsewhere
I watched the DVD with the KT Tunstall CD and it was brilliant. Recording an album in a day in someone's living room on the Isle of Skye in Scotland! Brilliant stuff. There was one video with KT and the band playing around with the effect pedal she uses, it was very funny. While looking for a video to play I found this one with the same pedal in it. It shows how adept she is with it, but also how rythmic and utterly blinding she is on her own with an acoustic guitar. I'd say she's mesmerising, a great end to a Sunday - hope you enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lily Allen's CD doesn't come out in America until January. When 2007 comes around, I am so there. :)

FW said...

She's so cool ain't she? I love her!

laura b. said...

I like all those artists, except I am unfamiliar with Lily Allen. Songs from them all, maybe even Lily will definitely go on my "requested as X-mas presents" CD mixes.

FW said...

You need to check out her official website.