Thursday, October 05, 2006

Dressing Up

It'll soon be Halloween. How the days fly by! I like to see the shops change their stock in preparation for different seasonal events. The supermarket has a lane dedicated to orange and black Halloween goodies like masks, devils horns, capes, cauldrons, witches broomsticks and so on. I don't yet know if I'll get an opportunity to wear the Dracula cape I bought last year. I had been invited to attend a kids party with my son and we both went as vampires. I liked dressing up as a kid and it's a shame that I don't have an opportunity to dress up in the normal course of my life. Actors get to dress up all the time. Other workers get to wear a uniform. I don't have any formal dress code in my job or my leisure time. It's a shame that dressing up is usually just limited to actors. Just the act of putting on strange clothes and prancing about must make you happy. It would make me smile, I think.

2 comments:

Tara said...

I love dressing up for Halloween. I was so tempted to act like a kid last year and actually go trick-or-treating to see how much candy I would get, but I had to work late that night and by then I was too tired to regress. Lol. But I did dress up. Thankfully I work at a school, so they encourage the students and staff to dress up for a few days.

FW said...

I'm glad I didn't use the fake blood that came in a small platic bottle when I wore my cape. I tried a bit on my arm and it stained it red for days even after scrubbing it didn't come off. Just think if I'd poured it down my face like blood sucked from a victim's neck. It would have been hard to explain at work!