Thursday, October 12, 2006

Lego

In a couple of weeks we'll be going to Legoland Windsor for the weekend. My kids love it there, especially my daughter - she loves to ride on the coasters. I love Lego. Of all of my construction type toys, I spent more time playing with Lego than any other set. I did inherit a lot of Lego from my brother, but I had some bought me as my own too. I made mostly vehicles and guns. I made a fair proportion of space vehicles. I play Lego building with my kids every so often, I should do it more often. It's good to play like a child, using your imagination. And I bet my models would be so much better now I'm older, LOL!

5 comments:

mojotek said...

We never got a Lego theme park here in the US. Interesting, since they're still very popular.

Tara said...

I love Lego. I remember that I had a fascination with the kits that had little doors you could set up on the blocks. And I liked the little Lego people too. I was almost tempted last month to buy some Legos for myself, but changed me mind....for now.

FW said...

Caatje: Lego is a construction toy that can be enjoyed by both girls and boys equally. I think its great that you enjoyed it so much. My neighbours daughter and I used to enjoy making houses too I remember.

Mojotek: That is strange, I wonder why the theme parks haven't made it across the pond? Too much competition?? I don't know!

Tara: You need to go out and buy some. It's a great stress reliever and I know you enjoy playing with creative toys! Go do it girl!

Anonymous said...

I am a Lego freak. My Mother never had to tell me to pick up my Legos. I was totally paranoid about losing them. lol. I had the airport, the apartment complex, the post office, the police station, the harbor and boat dock, the pirate ship... Once I made the pirate ship, I vowed to never tear it down because it was so hard to make the first time. My Mom threw it away when I was 13, but it's still together - in the dump somewhere. :)

Psst: Legoland is in Southern California, guys. ;)

FW said...

Agh, I hate it when I find someone else's parent threw stuff away - at leats I know it's not just mine though :(