Thursday, March 02, 2006

Faulty Goods

Somehow, I didn't pay too much notice before but there is a screen on my new little MP3 player made of glass - thin glass. Glass so thin it can easily crack. And that's just what it has done. It's only been in my possession since Monday I think. It developed a crack overnight, it was on my desk and wasn't being dropped or anything, the kids didn't get in and sit on it or anything like that. So, either it was a faulty one off or the nice shiny new replacement I have will be fine. I'm hoping the latter and nothing to do with poor build quality. Functionally, I'm very pleased with what it can do but I have my fears about robustness.

4 comments:

Tara said...

Sorry to hear about that! If it still functions, though, it's not too bad. I was given my first digital camera for Christmas. Two days after, I turned on the camera, the shutter came out like it was supposed to, and then I dropped it on the kitchen floor and broke the thing.

My mom had a warranty on it, though, so we just exchanged it.

Nicotine Jones said...

I can't remember if your new toy is an iPod or not, but I had heard that some of the new Nano version had that problem. I'd take it back to where you got it and exchange it...

FW said...

Thanks, I did exchange - almost forgot I'd left a battery inside it (a rechargeable one). Irritating that it's now 5 pounds cheaper after just a couple of days, but I did get another coupon for 5 free music downloads. So my wife got the Simon Webbe song she loves at the moment. It's not a Nano, I heard they had a similar problem too. These things are meant to be portable - they should be really tough!

Suzyg20 said...

dang modern technology! so unreliable!