Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Interview Time

Imagine if you will a smoky lounge in a bar. In a corner two men sit at a small table, one old and one young. The old man has a big square ring on this finger and a cigarette. The young man has a black leather jacket, long hair and a leather lace strung with wooden beads around his neck. The old man has a notepad and a stubby pencil, he makes a few scratches on the pad as they talk. After 10 minutes or an hour, it's difficult to tell but the young man chuckles, takes a drink of his beer and the scrapes his chair back as he gets up and walks off patting the old man on the back as he does so. Alone again, the old man shakes his head, folds over the front of the pad, slips it into his pocket and struggles up onto his feet. He ambles out of the bar. What follows is a transcript of their conversation.


1) What were you doing 10 Years Ago?

I had just met a girl I wanted to be more than friends with. I didn't know then that she would become my wife in just over three years.

2) 5 Years Ago?
I'd be washing milk bottles and loading the steriliser. Getting up at unusual hours, being tired and irritable all day long.

3) 1 Year Ago?
I'd be at a boot sale, scanning through bits of crap for books and videogames.

4) Five snacks you enjoy:
Sausage rolls, potato crisps, toast, Malteasers and buttered scones.

5) Five songs I know by heart but wish I didn’t:
(a) (Is this the way to) Amarillo - Tony Christie
(b) Save Your Love - Renee and Renato
(c) Fast Food Song - Fast Food Rockers
(d) Annie's Song - John Denver
(e) Barbie Girl - Aqua


6) Five things I would do with a LOT of money:
(a) Buy a massive house
(b) Buy a holiday home somewhere near the sea
(c) Buy a big luxury car
(d) Set up a charitable trust to support local artists
(e) Take my wife and kids on a long holiday

7) Five things I would never wear:
(a) Rubber
(b) Earrings (or any other piercings)
(c) A pin striped suit
(d) A monocle
(e) A parrot (Ah, Jim lad!)

8) Five things I should never have worn:
(a) A Mickey Mouse tie
(b) Dungarees
(c) My sixth form suit
(d) Most stuff my mom bought for me, especially the Christmas sweaters
(e) Band patches

9) Five things I enjoy doing:
(a) Driving
(b) Going new places
(c) Meeting people and observing them
(d) Writing, reading, listening, thinking (they're all connected)
(e) Running

10) Five bad habits:
(a) Eating too much of the wrong foods
(b) Biting and picking my fingers
(c) Getting stressed
(d) Being too lazy
(e) Being indecisive

Tagged from Tara's blog.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Hey that was a unique way of introducing the questionaire!

I had to laugh at "Barbie Girl". Now I'll have that tune in my head all day. :D "I'm a Barbie girl in a Barbie world. Imagination, that is your creation.." Or something like that.

Speaking of potato crisps, you should check out this video: How to eat crisps in an Earthquake... for your viewing pleasure. In fact, I should send you an invite to this site!

FW said...

Thanks for the invite Tara, I'll check it out when I'm feeling better...the cold is getting the better of me today!

Ryan said...

Life in plastic. How fantastic.

Dammit! LOL. :D