Friday, March 31, 2006

It's Almost The Weekend!

I've taken yesterday and today as holiday days off work. It's just typical that my cold has gotten worse over the past couple of days and I spent most of yesterday in a trance. Maybe my state of mind contributed to my experimentation with a free copy of Magix Music Maker 11 Silver I got from a magazine. This software lets you arrange samples very easily allowing you to build a piece of music. Unfortunately, as my copy was a special lite edition I only got about 300 samples but this is probably more than enough to create bits of music - that will probably end up all sounding the same :-( Oh, I'm so cynical at times!

Anyway, the one thing I'm pleased with about yesterday was that I arranged a piece I'd like to share with you guys. the only prob is that I haven't figured out how yet. I can create a WMV file but I really want to turn it into an MP3 or something I can put on the web. If there is a guru out there who can help, I'd be grateful for some advice.

Also, yesterday evening I spent a few frustrating hours trying to get Windows Media Player 10 to burn a comp CD from some of my MP3 tracks. It would not recognise my CD burner and still doesn't. I poured over forums and tried registry hacks and everything. I've given up for the time being, very frustrated!

I went mad and splashed out on CDs yesterday, I'm definitely in a changed state due to my head cold and fever. Here's what I picked up:
Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway (yeah well, I liked the single)
Mariah Carey - The emancipation of Mimi (my first Mariah, you gotta start somewhere)
Lil' Kim - Hard Core (wanted to hear this for a long time)
Eminem - The Slim ShadyLP (ditto)

Right, now to have a bath and get ready for another thrilling day ahead!

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Lil' Kim's Hard Core is legendary. Good choice!

As far as burning CDs goes, I've got no help for you. iTunes won't burn anything for me. WMP won't burn anything for me. I had to use this thing called Sonic RecordNow!, which came with my Dell. It worked. Forgot to try RealPlayer...

FW said...

It's sorted now thanks, I don't know how. iTunes has always just worked for my wife who discovered it burns CDs a while ago.