Saturday, May 20, 2006

Eurovision 2006

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The day I've been looking forward to for months has finally arrived. Yay! Countries who made it to the final showdown are:

Switzerland, Moldova, Israel, Latvia, Norway, Spain, Malta, Germany, Denmark, Russia, FYR Macedonia, Romania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Lithuania, United Kingdom (Yay!), Greece, Finland, Ukraine, France, Croatia, Iceland, Sweden, Turkey and Armenia.

The BBC Eurovision website has all of the entrants videos and a final scoresheet (that I've downloaded!) for marking the acts based on:

  • Song
  • Performance
  • Dance Routine
  • Outfit

I think this is a fair way of scoring because, being quite frank, all the songs sound the same and tend to merge together in my head. At least scoring on performance and outfit allows me to score acts on the total effort they put in. Am I being too anal about this??? Anyway, in previous years I've been close to predicting who would win.

You can watch it online, it's on the web from 8pm GMT tonight. Blog posts that contain Eurovision 2006 per day for the last 30 days.
Technorati Chart


My wife will probably be playing The Sims while I'm watching it in the other room. We have never bought or played The Sims before, but for a present this week I bought her The Sims Triple Deluxe which I thought was a bargain because it includes The Sims, The Sims House Party and The Sims On Holiday. I heard her playing it this morning - actually she was complaining that her characters were all too depressed to do anything, so I don't think it's going well. Early days though!

1 comment:

FW said...

Caatje: We could've compared notes!

You did well to get within one point, I thought overall the standard was good. I had joint first, second and fourth places so it was a hard one. I did regret not catching the semi finals though.