Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Sad Stuff

I came across a site this evening called the Saddest Thing I Own. People submit photos of objects that remind them of sad memories. I warn you that there are some heartwrenching stories. Everyone must have something they own that reminds them of a sad time, we've all got sad stories to tell.
I have a framed photo of Wonder Woman, there's stripey fake fur around the frame, it was given to me by a friend who died of ovarian cancer. I think about her nearly every day even still.
Sorry to bring the mood down folks but you have to know what sad is in order to appreciate being happy I think.

5 comments:

Tara said...

I have had a minirecorder for the longest time now. I used to record one-woman skits on them. When I replay some of the recordings, I'll hear my late dog barking in the background or I'll hear my late cat crying for attention. By now I'm okay about it, but I miss them both still.

AlienCG said...

I have a Cleveland Lumberjacks hockey puck in my car. My friend was just going to give it to the guy at Play-it-Again Sports when he found out he couldn't get anything for it. He was trying to get as much money as possible to get to Boston. I took the puck as a reminder of him and told him that I will give it back to him when he comes back to Cleveland.

FW said...

Tara and Alien: Thanks for sharing those things. It's strange when simple objects can evoke such strong emotions.

mojotek said...

I read through about 30 of those entries today. It's amazing how compelling the stories are about the objects they took pictures of. Some made me feel really sad myself.

FW said...

Mojotek: Yeah, the stories kind of suck you in don't they?