Monday, May 15, 2006

Funicular Fun

This weekend we visited a town with a working funicular railway, apparently the last surviving inland one in England. My dear departed grandfather was born not far from here and Sunday would have been his birthday. It was fitting the we celebrated by visiting a place dear to him and travelling on the railway - I loved this as a kid and wanted to share it with my children. I'm not sure what they thought of it really, I suspect it is a lot less exciting for them than a theme park like Legoland but as a kid, for me, it was exciting.


On the way up from Low Town.


The view from High Town.

I wanted to make a fake model out of this view but halfway through I realised I only had Photoshop 7 and not CS. I wonder if any another blur filter would work instead?

No comments: