Wednesday, May 17, 2006

One of those times

It's one of those evenings when I can't think of anything I particularly want to blog about and haven't come across anything all that exciting.

I like my weather pixie on the right nav, I added it last weekend. It's funny that I can hear it's raining outside yet I still check my weather pixie for the weather and I feel a curious sense of satisfaction that it's raining on the weather pixie pic too.

I am having trouble with my image loading program Hello. It just stopped working on my sibling blog Dinkums and Doodles. I've used it previously just because it was the first thing I came to but I have found it not very intuitive and blog-friendly. So I've decided to change but I can't decide which service to use. Photobucket looks good, I've heard of Imageshack and Flickr too. I can't make up my mind. Does anyone have any advice?

3 comments:

AlienCG said...

I like PhotoBucket. It's an image hosting site, that's all, nothing else. I haven't tried ImageShack, so I can't tell you about it. Flickr seems more like a photoblog, which means it's a bit excessive for nothing but image hosting.

That's my two cents (or pence).

Ryan said...

Dude, Hello is total crap. I've hated it from the moment I downloaded it - it just seems sooo confusing to me! And Picasa2 is kind of a pain, too - but that's another day. I like Flickr a lot. My account is totally junked up with lots of pretty stuff I've taken, and it's just cool to have all your pictures on display for everybody - it's very photobloggy. HOWEVER, Flickr will not upload GIF files, and Photobucket will - consider yourself warned. So, for actual pictures, I use Flickr, and for blog stuff - like my banner and buttons - I use Photbucket. I rock 'em both! :)

FW said...

Alien & Ryan: Thanks for advice guys. I've chosen Photobucket and am getting on with it really well. Cheers, you're awesome!