Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Expecting....

Someone was telling me today that towards the end of the week it will get hot and muggy, with a big thunderstorm at the end of the week. I like the way a good thunderstorm clears the air. I love the freshness of the first few minutes after a damn good storm.

Later this month, in 18 days time infact, it will be The Eurovision Song Contest. An event I love, I mentioned it a few weeks ago but now it draws nearer and I can't wait. My wife thinks I'm crazy but I actually keep my own scoresheet during the show. It's part of the fun for me.

But even before Eurovision, it's Big Brother 7! Apparently, this starts on the 18 May. There is going to be a full length pool and 15 beds at the start. I'm looking forward to meeting a new bunch of people and getting to know and loathe them. I am surprised at the number of couples these shows produce. Well, scratch that, actually with the income that can be generated from the publicity behind these apparent love-matches I'm not completely surprised. It's hard for the people on the outside who were romantically linked before the show to people who develop relationships with other contestants: I mean, how can they compete and they'll never be able to share the experience with their loved one. It must be hard as hell.

5 comments:

Tara said...

Thunderstorms are the best when you don't have to go anywhere. You can just relax at home and watch it hit.

Nicole said...

Wow, how is it that I've never heard of the Eurovision Song Contest?? It sounds like "American Idol" but with actual TALENT! Man, wish we could have that here...

FW said...

Tara: You're right on that! They can be scary too, if your out in the open all exposed.

Nicole: It's one of those shows that's so bad it's good, a strange paradox but true!

Ryan said...

Oh no. It's that time of year, again. That special time of year when my British Big Brother jealousy returns! Poo! :(

And thunderstorms rock, by the way. :)

FW said...

Ryan: I'm sorry for you, but at least the BB website gets updated frequently!

Caatje: Hi, don't forget to book the TV all evening you wouldn't forgive yourself if you missed it!