Monday, May 29, 2006

Weekend Away

We travelled North and stayed with friends this weekend. They live a few miles away from a lovely little village called Knaresborough. It is home to Mother Shipton's Cave, as well as the cave there is a petrifying well that turns stuff hanging underneath it to stone as the minerals are deposited. There are hats, teddy bears, practically anything you care to name hanging under the well. You can see some of the stuff from the shot below, there was also an old iron kettle hanging up too! The website gives more details.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We also visited the Lightwater Valley themepark. I am not the world's best theme park attendee, you see I am absolutely no good at all with rollercoasters or any other ride that spins round or propels you high into the air. I did have a go at the go-karts though and the orange kart in the picture is me pulling into the pits at the end of my 5 laps. I didn't win but I had a lot of fun. A good weekend away, all in all.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: