Thursday, May 25, 2006

Week Over (nearly!)

I'm pleased that the last two days are over with, I've had to get up at 5.30am for the last two days to catch early trains and I'm exhausted. My itchy eye problem is back, I'm very conscious that it waters as well. I think I'll have to get some ointment tomorrow from the pharmacy.
The weather turned out to be quite warm this afternoon, except in the train carriage where the aircon made it so cold!
On Monday it is a public holiday, so we're going away to friends for the weekend in the North of the country. I'm taking some extra holiday next week, so we're hoping to take the kids to a country park on Tuesday. One thing that is unsettling is that there have been two burglaries in the neighbourhood recently. I'm a bit worried about leaving the house even for a few days. We have nieghbours who can keep an eye but it doesn't stop us being concerned about it.
I've been playing videogames again recently, I cooled off on them since January, my interest is picking up again. Although, I don't think I'll be getting a PS3 when they are released looking at the cost. I would rather spend a lot of money on a tablet PC, I could draw larger digital pictures with one of those and I love the way the screen turns around. I like this one, I think just the name Lifebook sounds great doesn't it?
Also, this week I've met some really nice people at work. They happen to be from Europe but their English is perfect. It has made me feel quite ignorant that I don't speak in their languages.

2 comments:

AlienCG said...

The tablet PC sounds like a better idea. I don't have an XBox 360, I won't buy a PS3, but I am seriously considering the Nintendo Wii (or Revolution, whichever name you prefer).

Tara said...

5:30am....yuck..

We have our holiday on Monday too. Love that additional day off. I almost called in sick today but chickened out.

Have a wonderful holiday weekend! Do what my mom does and put lots of noisy things against the doors so that if someone does try to break in, everyone and their cat will hear it.