Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Tagged: Simple Pleasures

Tara tagged me with this one: list your top ten simplest pleasures. I haven't thought too much about this, so here goes with a list that will probably be different in, oh, about another hour...

1. Playing air guitar to a favourite song
2. When a photo you took turns out to be a lot better than you remember
3. Waking up thinking about work and realising it's a Saturday, so you don't have to go in
4. Sharing a joke with someone you never met before
5. Winning something from a competition you once entered and instantly forgot
6. Finding a great bargain when shopping (something you've been held back from buying because of cost)
7. Waking up early feeling really refreshed
8. Returning to your own bed after several nights away
9. A nice warm relaxing bath early in the morning before anyone else is up
10. The feeling of completion after painting a room, bringing the furniture back in and realising it looks just great

6 comments:

Tara said...

These are really good...And I like your listing for #2. That happened to me with the first big batch of digital photos I had developed. I was so happy.

mojotek said...

#5 is my favorite! It's only happened to me a few times, but it always makes me feel all tingly when I found out I won something that I forgot about.

FW said...

Tara: It happened to me too. The opposite is when a photo looks great in the LCD viewfinder but isn't so great when on the big screen.

Mojotek: My wife enters competitions and it's great when an unexpected package arrives and it's something cool. Of course, sometimes the prizes aren't so great but hey!

Ryan said...

You did a pretty damn good job with these, Furt. :)

FW said...

Ryan: Cheers, dude!

FW said...

Caatje: Hadn't thought of that but you're right, it has cheered me up!