Tuesday, April 18, 2006

6 Facts

My second tag! Tara's facts are funny, so I'd check them out if I were you.

Six facts about me:

1. My mum has a school photo of me wearing a busby, we were doing some kind of drama workshop. I was wearing tartan trousers too. Oh yeah I was also really miserable and in tears, I think an adult dressed as a girls dolly was holding my hand. You'd laugh it you saw it.

2. I am quite scared by spiders. When I was a teenager I had posters on my wall, one night I heard a pitter pattering of feet. I turned on the light and the noise stopped. Turned off the light and it started again. Eventually I figured out the sound was coming from my poster above my bed. Then I saw it, the biggest freakin' spider I've ever seen in my life. Never quite got over it.

3. I started my first year of sixth form at school an hour and a half earlier than everybody else. I wore a suit that was too big for me and met my Chemistry teacher at the gates who had a wicked grin on his face but he didn't say anything. Once inside my first encounter was with the Headmaster who said "While you're here, you can take these hymn books...to such and such a place". I did the job and then left for home feeling extremely silly and disgruntled.

4. My first videogame system was a black and white system made by Binatone. It came with a light gun attached by wire to the console. As far as my memory serves it was total pants because you just had to point the gun at the screen and it scored.

5. I always inexplicably hated the film Annie before ever watching it. Now I've seen it many times with the children, I actually like the film.

6. I once commonly used the phrase "Sharp as a razor, blunt as an egg".

There, now it's done - I can rest easy!

5 comments:

AlienCG said...

My first video game system was a Pong game that also came with the light gun.

I wasn't tagged by anybody, but HERE it is anyway.

Nicole said...

I might have to steal that last phrase from you. That was pretty witty!

And you hated "Annie???" Glad you've turned around since then. :)

FW said...

Alien: I'd have tagged you but with my goldfish memory I forgot it was a tag. Where am I again?

Nicole: It was a prejudice I harboured during the "teen rock" years where I hated any other type of music and wouldn't be seen anywhere near it. Hating Annie was symptomatic. It is a great film and I've always loved Bernadette Peters' character acting.

Tara said...

I have never seen "Annie" all the way through, but the songs I know from the movie get stuck in my head.

I should've listed the fact that I have never seen "It's a Wonderful Life" (nor do I want to see it because I get tired of hearing about it every Christmas) and I don't like "Wizard of Oz", except when the witch melted.

FW said...

Tara: I kinda know what you mean about IAWL. I like the film but it's better to watch films like that when you just flop infront of the TV and its on. I dislike other people banging on about a film because you then feel obliged to enjoy it, which never usually works out!