Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Preparing to be scared...

On Thursday we have a babysitter and can indulge ourselves a little, it happens from time to time. So we're planning to go out for a cheap but tasty noodle meal and then we're going to go and see the film Silent Hill. Opinion of it seems to be quite polarized, my wife was interested at first but groaned when she heard it's origins were a videogame - probably for good reasons (anyone see House of the Dead?).

I picked up a couple of cheap videos last weekend: The Fifth Element and Crimson Tide. Looking forward to watching them when I have the time. I also bought my own copy of Underworld too, it was on a rack in a homewares store, they only have one rack and I'd never heard of most of the films on it but there was Underworld.

3 comments:

Tara said...

"The Fifth Element" was strange, but I like it. I catch myself watching it almost everytime it comes on TV. And with Bilbo Baggins in it...well how could you go wrong? :)

And your finding "Underworld" in a rack of unknowns was a sign. I'm glad you picked it up! Happy watching!

Nicole said...

It helps if you're a fan of the "Silent Hill" video games. Then you'll really appreciate it was an exacting recreation of the game look and plot.

But if you're going for a generally scary movie then I'd say it was just okay. Not bad but not great.

FW said...

Tara: I have only ever watched bits, never the whole film so I've never gotten into it. It always seemed to be a good film though.

Nicole: I bought Silent Hill with a load of other PS One games last year and haven't had time to play it yet. Unfortunate but true!