Sunday, April 09, 2006

Sloppy Giuseppe

I had pizza last night for supper, pizza and wine a great combination. The Pizza Express Sloppy Giuseppe has to be my favourite pizza I think, although I love any pizza with additional topping including onions, spicy meat and peppers - which fortunately gives me a good range to choose from. I'm not into especially thick bases or cheese crusts - I can take or leave those so-called innovations. At risk of being seen as a goof, we tend to buy a cheap sauvignan blanc and mix it with freezing cold sparkling lemonade that is good for gulping down and getting that freeze thing going on between your eyeballs. I love to get that from drinking ice cold fizz!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Aww, this looks SO GOOD! I absolutely adore pizza but I've never heard of "Sloppy Giuseppe." Sounds like a "Sloppy Joe."

Wait, did you take this photo yourself?? It looks like something from a recipe website. Very nice!

FW said...

Sloppy Giuseppe is a funny name for a pizza isn't it? I don't know the origins.
I just Googled the photo, I didn't leave mine in the oven long enough (so the cheese wasn't as brown as in the pic) because I was so hungry last night I couldn't wait!

Nicole said...

I don't blame you. Pizza is like the best thing on EARTH! ;)

FW said...

Pizza's great - they should make a holiday: "World Wide Pizza Day" to encourage better international relations or something like that (clutching at straws, in an "any excuse to eat pizza" sort of way).