Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Life on Trains


Last time I was on the train I couldn't help but be amused by two men sitting opposite me. They were like two bookends. Each was wearing a suit, had a laptop they were working on infront of them and their heads were at the same angle. Out of the corner of my eye I kept trying to look at them long enough to do a quick sketch. I had to draw this furtively without them seeing me, in the end I gave up but had drawn one man and two laptops by then. So this picture is a merge of the two sketches.
I have to travel by train tomorrow, I wonder what I'll be able to observe on that journey?

4 comments:

Tara said...

It sounds like you have fun sketching these drawings! You should open an online gallery called "Sketching Furtively" or "Furtive Wrangler's Sketchings".

I'm thinking of starting another blog myself with my own drawings. Ever since I was a kid, I drew people with one particular nose on them. They look like ducks or something. You can see them here and a little here.

I love your drawings, though. They make me want to start drawing again!

FW said...

Those drawings are great Tara! You should start that blog! I'll have to start an album on Multiply with the title you suggested.

Nicole said...

I love your sketches, FW. I especially like how you worked "furtively" into your post.

So what exactly does Wangler mean...?

FW said...

Nicole, glad you like them - I'd like to do more sketches. I have ideas but they're quite complicated and I don't know how well they'd translate. Simple ones seem to work the best here.

I'll address what Wangler means later, one thing at a time ;-)