Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Travels and Coffees


I was in Cambridge today, I drove. It's not the easiest or quickest journey but it is nice to have a long drive from time to time. They opened a new road and for a time I didn't know where I was going because the new road was so unfamiliar to me. I'm glad it's the school Easter holidays because there was less traffic and more time for me to think before reacting. I can either read maps or I can drive, I don't do both. My wife can't read maps, so she's usually the driver when we go away - I just drive the parts we both know to give her a break. There was a market in the city centre, I like market squares but unfortunately I didn't have too much time after I arrived before my meeting to look. The meeting went on way too long, so I'm glad I got the photo when I could.

The shot below was the cafe bar where I had a cappucino and biscotti: my breakfast. I find most coffee a bit too strong - I had to add 3 packets of brown sugar to my cappucino. I love the smell of coffee but neat espresso is just too strong for me. I should try and investigate the whole coffee range as I'm sure there are varieties I'd like if I were to experiment and try them. I should take more risks dammit!


2 comments:

Tara said...

I didn't think I could read maps either until my friend and I travelled to Arizona and we drove from Phoenix to Sedona. I had to read our map printed out from MapQuest. We made it there and it's a beautiful, beautiful town. I definitely recommend travelling there if/when you are ever in the US!

FW said...

I'm just guessing that's a pretty long way - distances in the UK are like nothing compared to the US. Sedona looks totally amazing, just googled it - pictures are fantastic!