Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Underworld.....finally!


Kate Beckinsale as Selene

I finally watched Underworld last night and into the early hours this morning. I really enjoyed it, I was expecting something similar to Blade but it was much better. I'll have to write a proper review on my Multiply site but I'm glad I've seen it and want to watch it again now! That, I fear, won't be possible as I'm about a 5th of the way through the 3rd season of 24 and I don't think my wife will let me watch anything else another night in succession.

The other female actress in the film I recognised was Sophia Myles, who I recognised but couldn't place where from. It turns out she was Lady Penelope in the film Thunderbirds, ah! It's very satisfying when you find out what you need to know quickly on the internet!

Hope you like the sketch of Selene.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I really, really, really enjoyed "Underworld." In fact, I think the only person who enjoyed it more than me was Tara!

I still haven't caught the second installment but I will soon. I have to!

FW said...

I'd like to watch it with the directors comments on. The weapons, costumes and make-up were fantastic. I don't know if there is a videogame tie-in but it would make perfect sense for there to be one.

Tara said...

Great sketch of Selene, FW!

I watched the DVD of Underworld with the commentary on last time and it was so funny. It was the director, Kate B. and Scott Speedman.

Yeah, that Sophia looked familiar to me too, she almost reminds me of Kate Winslet.

Glad you liked Underworld!

FW said...

Tara: Thanks! It's a shame I'll have to return the DVD to the library. I'm not sure the sequel is out on DVD yet, that is now a must see for me!