Saturday, April 29, 2006

The Rundown

It's been a difficult and stressful week at work and I'm thankful that this weekend is a Bank Holiday. My wife and I went out for a meal on Thursday night and decided not to go to the cinema, we would have only fallen asleep in our chairs, so we decided to go home and watch some 24 instead. So, unfortunately I didn't take my chance to see the Silent Hill film. I think I'll appreciate it more anyway after playing the game.

Yesterday, I spent a lot of the day travelling. I had to get up at 4.30am and didn't get back until after 8pm. I hit the sack just after 9pm and had a good night of much needed sleep. I was up at 6.15am this morning though, woken by the kids.

I've just finished mowing the clover. I would call it a lawn but it's more clover and dandelion than grass. My mower doesn't collect grass unfortunately, so its like double the work and it never looks tidy after a cut. The mower only cost us about 30 quid, it's a cheap Flymo. Frustratingly, the power leads I use aren't long enough to reach the end of garden, even chained together I'm still short by about 5 feet - what a bitch! This is the first cut of year though, which isn't so bad to go so long. Once you start cutting though, you have to keep it up otherwise its like starting all over again. The first cut is always a lot of work.

I tried looking at Nicolemart earlier today and the site was down, I'm relieved it's back up again I just checked.

5 comments:

AlienCG said...

I'm preparing for a trip to Dayton on Monday. Even though I don't think there's anything wrong. My weekend will start late because I have to work this weekend. I feel your pain from across the pond Mr. Wangler.

Tara said...

I'm aching for our Memorial Day weekend, but that won't be till the end of May. Lol. Not too burned out from work.

Good to hear that you got some sleep! I slept so hard last night that I had one of those dreams where I was paralyzed. Not exactly the best feeling, but I knew I was completely knocked out.

FW said...

Alien: Thanks buddy, I hope you have a good week next week despite the travelling.

Tara: Sounds like you needed sleep too, I used to remember my dreams vividly but lately I seem to have stopped being able to do that! I wonder what that means, if anything?

Nicole said...

First off, totally understand the need for sleep. I was burned out both Friday and Saturday night. Definitely needed some time to recuperate.

Second, my site was down?? I notice that sometimes the site host will unexpectedly go out for what I assume is "maintenance" but it usually only lasts for a few minutes at a time. But still, that's not cool!

Let us know what you think once you finally see "Silent Hill" and play the game. :)

FW said...

Nicole: Glad you got some sleep too and that there was nothing up with your blog, maybe my connection just slowed down or something.